The story of a family enjoying an incredible experience in northern Italy

Friday, November 03, 2006

Running the Gauntlet... in Germany

Well, I finally have found some time to post something about the cross country experience that I had in Germany. SO......We left on the 27th of October, (yay birthday!) at around 6:30 from my school and started on the 9 hour bus drive from Milan, Italy to Heidelburg (spelling?) Germany. Passing through the mountains was a beautiful view...

After stopping for some lunch in Germany and doing some lame Nazi pictures, we passed the even more beautiful Lucerne, Switzerland where the lake view we had was amazing.
Hiro, Me, and Skyler...

Lake Lucerne, Switzerland...

Anyway, now to the actual running of the race. The race location was a little bit off the American base. It was a hilly course that was located in the woods, in my opinion, the best location to run a 5K race. Nice and cool, with a lot of shade. This race was in the shape of a four-leaf clover. Imagine starting in the middle of it, running around four different loops and then ending in the middle again, and that is basically what we ran. I am now just going to post pictures of us during the race, but if you want to review the account of what is going through my mind during the race, here it is.

Before the race...During the race...After the race!

I had a good race with a time of 18 minutes and 43 seconds, finishing 7th place overall out of 55 other runners. YAY! Our team overall got 2nd place in Europe. Awesome!

* All pictures were taken with my new birthday present from Mom and Dad... a digital camera! Yay, thank you very much! Haha, well until next time. Ciao Tutti!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jourdan said...

There is fast blood in the Boynton genes! (Thank goodness, cause I didn't get any of it from my side) Let's hope Milo and Elliot will get a little of that!

Great job, Andy. And great pictures!

5:11 PM

 
Blogger Ellen said...

Great pictures, Andy! Such big muscles! And that one picture of you in the middle of the race is the perfect image exemplifying why I do NOT run. :)

9:28 PM

 
Blogger Shirley said...

Awesome job Andy! Sorry Ell, that painful picture makes it look all the more fun to me. There must be something wrong with runners. wink.

2:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home