The story of a family enjoying an incredible experience in northern Italy

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Boynton Family Mission We saw you, Carrie

Boynton Family Mission

Zone Conference Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dad and I sit on the stand at Zone Conference. Sister Smith takes her place at the pulpit to give her last Zone Conference talk as she will be returning home in a few weeks. I stare at her and realize I feel a great longing. Her petite form, wavy strawberry-blonde hair, soft voice and confident manner remind me of someone...........Carrie! I listen to her experiences of the last 18 months. I hear her proficient use of the language and feel her strong testimony as she teaches from Preach My Gospel.

Dad leans over and whispers, "she reminds me of Carrie." I say, "I was just thinking exactly the same thing."

Tears brim my eyes and spill down onto my blouse and jacket. I hear a sniff and see Dad wiping his cheek.

We may be far away and unable to see you in person, but we saw you today, Carrie! We saw you as a missionary and we were so happy!

Love, Mom and Dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jourdan said...

Rod Jr. told me the other day that you (Rod Sr.) asked him how Carrie looked several times, and he didn't know what you meant or how to answer.
Well. I have an answer. She looks like a missionary; Ready and willing! WE are ALL going to miss her!

4:21 PM

 
Blogger Shirley said...

What a neat story. Carrie's an amazing person, she will be such an awesome missionary!

5:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home